I was invited to tell a few facts about me in the #meettheauthorchallenge. Here you go.
- 📒I have been writing stories and awful poetry most of my life. Journaling is an important cog of my writing regime. I always wanted to be a writer when I grew up—I’m still working on it.
- ✍🏽I must hand-write everything before I commit to keyboarding. The kinesthetics of putting pen to paper holds the creative connection to the process.
- 👩I am a mother of three young women (who may be older than me now) and the Nonny (grandma) to two fun and busy kids. 👧👦
- 💑I have been married to one man for 43 years. We met in high school. I needed someone to tutor me through the Physics Regents exams and he needed a prom date. We have been sharing our lives together ever since.
- 😊I grew up in a large, loud American-Italian family. I am the eldest of the eldest’s eldest, so it gives me some clout, but I do not let it go to my head. My family’s favorite sport is sitting around the table, eating, telling stories and eating some more. Family life inspires most of my writing. I have three sisters and one brother, and my cousins are my first best friends. I recently went on a bare-boat vacation with forty-five of my favorite relations. It was FUNTASTIC!
- 🌊The sea grounds my soul. The ocean and bays, and rivers inspire beauty and awe. I find rhythm in the tidal shores..
- ⛵Currently, there are five boats registered to my husband and I. The small vessels winter under tarps in the side yard but in the spring there is a mad dash to get the motorboat, the catboat sailboat, two sunfish and one mirage Hobie into their summer spaces. My dad always said you can never have too many boats. I’m living that motto.
- 🏡My home is Sayville, New York, a south shore hamlet on Long Island.The Great South Bay and Fire Island beaches have been my backyard and playground all of my life.
- 👩🍳I cook just about every day. I am not a gourmet chef, but I enjoy a cooking challenge now and then.
- 👩🏽🏫I was a speech therapist and special education teacher for forty years in a variety of teaching settings. I loved working and learning from children. Their perspective on the world inspired stories and life priorities. Writing for children is my great joy.
Enjoy ❤️. Like 👍. Share 😊.
Pray for peace.
Never miss a story, book event, or life musing. Take your seat at the Stories Served Around The Table News to Nosh Newsletter.
Schedule your Book Club Events and School Author Visits. Available in LIVE and Virtual platforms!
Download FREE Curriculum Connections
Help your fellow book club friends and bibliophiles find a great read by leaving a review on Amazon and in your Goodreads account. Here are the helpful codes and links:
Becoming America’s Food Stories